2013 is a year with ups and downs. I went for my practicum at a school in KL and met my perfect guy! And.....I read a lot this year and it is not easy for me to shortlist my Top 13 of 2013. But here goes. The books are in no particular order
1. The Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle Hodkin- I love these two books! I rave about it to my friends and asked them to read it too. I am patiently waiting for 'Retribution of Mara Dyer'
2. Cinder by Marissa Meyer - A Fairy Tale retelling of Cinderella in Futuristic New Beijing and involves a Cyborg and a handsome prince. I am sold!
3. The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout - I only read the first and second book in the series and I love it. Hot alien who gives his attention to you. Who wouldn't want that? I will read the third and fourth which are Opal and Origin in 2014.
4. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell - This contemporary is the best book that I have read this year. Though I was a bit a bit worried because of all the hype and also it is set in the 80's. Not my favourite time period but I am glad that I did pick it up and I loved it so much!
5. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard - One of the best zombies books! enough said. Will read the second book in 2014.
6. The Girl of Fire and Thorns and The Crown of Embers - Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee it! Elisa is badass! she is a strong female character and the type of character that I enjoy reading.
7. The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead - The Best Series that I have read after Harry Potter! Though I am bit late on the bandwagon for this series but it is better late than never. Right? I really regretted that I did not pick up the series earlier.
8. The Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas - Another book with Badass female assassin! Hot Captain of the Palace Guard! Action packed and I seriously love a badass female character.
9. Catching Jordan by Miranda Kinneally - I enjoyed reading books by Miranda Kinneally but this one is my favourite.
10. Hex Hall Series by Rachel Hawkins - I love witches and this series really one of the best witches stories.
11. Heist Society by Ally Carter - I think I can rob an Art Museum after reading this book. I have not bought book 2 and 3 of this series because of my TBR Pile..huu..but I will buy them once I am off my book buying ban!
12. The Selection and The Elite by Kiera Cass - The Bachelor meet the royals. The covers of both books are gorgeous! The storyline is interesting and it is a light read for me.
13. Legend by Marie Lu - One of the best Dystopia I have read this year! action packed! I seriously need to read Prodigy and Champion.